Burnaby residents took matters into their own hands Wednesday evening after a shooting in the 4400-block of Kingsway.
Burnaby RCMP arrived on the scene about 6:30 p.m. to find “that one male suspect had been apprehended by the public,” Cpl. Daniela Panesar said in a news release.
The Burnaby RCMP appreciates the actions of the bystanders that led to the apprehension of the suspect, however, we would like to remind the public to call 911 in an emergency such as this.
The victim, a 26-year-old Burnaby resident, was treated for non-life threatening injuries and has since been released from hospital.
“While this investigation is in its early stages, there is no indication that this incident is related to any previous shootings,” Panesar said. “The Burnaby RCMP want to reassure the public that we have a team of investigators dedicated to this incident. The investigation is in its early stages and therefore no further information is available at this time.”
Anyone with information is asked to call Burnaby RCMP at 604-294-7922.
Filed under: The Real Scoop Tagged: Breaking News, Burnaby RCMP, Daniela Panesar, Kim Bolan, Real Scoop, shooting, Vancouver Sun
